- Ph.D., Materials Science & Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
Surface properties-behavior relations, (nano)tribology, tribochemistry, bio-nanointerface, biomaterials,nanomanufacturing, and CMP
- 2004 – Present Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- S. Joo and H. Liang, "SIMS," Encyclopedia of Tribology, Ed. YW Chuang and Q. Wang, Springer, 2012.
- H. Liang, "Chemical-Mechanical Polishing," Ed. Q. Wang and YW Chang, Springer, 2012.
- H. Liang and R. Cooper, "Tribological Aspects of Insects' Skin," Ed. YW Chuang and Q. Wang, Springer, 2012.
- L. Peng, H. Zhang, P. Hemmer, and H. Liang, "Laser-Assisted Scanning Probe Alloying Nanolithography (LASPAN)," Scanning Probe Microscopy in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. III, Edited by B. Bhushan, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2012. In press.
- Y. Zhou, A. Rocha, C. Sanchez, and H. Liang, "Assessment of Toxicity of Nanoparticles using Insects as Biological Models," Nanoparticles in Biology and Medicine. Methods and Applications, Edi.M. Soloviev, Humana Press. Springer Science + Business Media, LLC, 233 Spring St., New York, NY 10013. In press.
- M. Kulkarni, F. Gao, and H. Liang, "Chapter 18, Chemical Mechaical Polishing," Tribocorrosion of Passive Metals and Coatings, ed. D. Landolt and S. Mischler, Woodhead Publishing, 2011.
- L. Peng, H. Lee, and H. Liang, Scanning Probe Alloying Nanolithography, App. Scanning Probe Methods, Vol. 14, Edi. B. Bhushan, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2010.