Awards & Honors
- 2011- CONACYT- RCEA reviewer and SENER-CONACyT reviewer
- 2011- 2013 Who is Who in America (electrochemistry, corrosion and energy), Editions
- 2014-2017 National Research Council in Mexico, SNI Level II
- 2007-2013 National Research Council in Mexico, SNI Level I
- 1996-1997 Research Award, 1996 by the National University Autonomous of Mexico Foundation
- 1997 Graduate studies award (Antonio Caso) for best student in Posgraduate studies
- 1997 Honorable mention for academic achievement - graduate studies from the National Autonomous University of Mexico
- 1997-2000 Fellowship from the National University of Mexico DGAPA.
- 1994 Honorable mention for academic achievement - undergraduate studies from the National Autonomous University of Mexico
- 1997-2001 Ph.D. Materials Science and Eng., Penn State University, University Park, PA
- 1995-1997 M.S. Materials Science (Honors), National Autonomous University of Mexico, UNAM
- 1990-1994 B.S. Chemical Metallurgical Engineering (Honors), National Autonomous University of Mexico, UNAM
A Bayesian model framework for calibrating ultrasonic in-line inspection data and estimating actual external corrosion depth in buried pipeline utilizing a clustering technique, H Wang, A Yajima, RY Liang, H Castaneda*, Structural Safety 54, 19-3, 2015.
D Yang, M Zhang, J Zheng, H. Castaneda*, Corrosion inhibition of mild steel by an imidazolium ionic liquid compound: the effect of pH and surface pre-corrosion, RSC Advances 5 (115), 95160-95170
AI Karayan, K Jata, M Velez, H Castaneda*, On exfoliation corrosion of alloy 2060 T8E30 in an aggressive acid environment, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 657, 546-558.
Wang, H., Yajima, A., Liang, R.Y., Castaneda Homero*., A clustering approach for assessing external corrosion in a buried pipeline based on hidden Markov random field model , A Structural Safety, 56, pp. 18-29, 2015
Barraza-Fierro, J.I., Espinosa-Medina, M.A., H. Castaneda*, Transmission Line Modeling Applied to Hot Corrosion of Fe-40at.pctAl in Molten LiCl–KCl, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B: Process Metallurgy and Materials Processing Science, In press, 15 August 2015, 16p.