Polymer Specialty Certificate
This program is the first of its kind offered in the state of Texas.
The Polymer Specialty Certificate program is designed to provide a strong interdisciplinary educational program for undergraduate and graduate engineering and suitably prepared science students interested in pursuing a career in polymers. The program consists of (4) three-hour courses for a total of 12 credit hours. The certificate reduces training time required to turn Texas A&M students into productive members of the industrial workforce.
Why Should I Be Interested?
- Gain an interdisciplinary education with an emphasis in polymers
- Be better prepared for jobs focusing on polymers
- Acquire edge over those students from other universities who have no documented polymer knowledge
- Obtain knowledge to foster entrepreneurial thinking
- Receive recognition on University transcript upon completion of certificate requirements and graduation
- Broaden your exposure to a diverse polymer science and engineering curriculum
- Expand employment horizons beyond the traditional industrial jobs
Current TAMU engineering or suitably prepared science majors who have satisfied the required and approved course prerequisites are eligible to apply. See the application for additional requirements and guidelines.
To apply for the certificate, complete the application and submit it to the Polymer Technology Center Office, 223 Reed McDonald Bldg. Once you have completed all requirements for the certificate, you must fill out a certificate worksheet and submit it to our office. For more information about the Polymer Specialty Certificate Program, please consult the Engineering Academic and Student Affairs (EASA), or contact the following:
Polymer Technology Center
Phone: (979) 458-0918
Office: 223 Reed McDonald Building