- Ph.D. 1989, Polymer Chemistry, Moscow State University, Russia
- B.S. 1984, Polymer Science with an award for excellence, Moscow State University, Russia
Stimuli-responsive all-polymer and polymer nanocomposite assemblies for sensing, separation and biomedical applications. Structure and dynamics of polyelectrolyte assemblies Materials with controllable optical, swelling and drug-release responses. Remote manipulation of material shape Smart antibacterial materials Surface modification for controlling wettability, adhesion and adsorption.
2015 - Present
- Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Texas A&M University
2008 - 2015
- Professor, Department of Chemistry, Biological and Biomedical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
2008 - 2008
- Visiting Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, MIT
- Associate Professor with tenue, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Research Associate, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
- Assistant Professor of Polymer Science, Moscow State University, Russia
- Research Fellow, Department of Polymer Science, Moscow State University, Russia
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Polymer Science, Moscow State University, Russia
- 1. S. Granick and S. A. Sukhishvili, Polymer Films, US 6,740,409 B1, issued May 25, 2004.
- 2. S. Granick and S. A. Sukhishvili, Polymer Films, US 7,470,449 B2, issued Dec 30, 2008.
- Wang, T. Chou and S. A. Sukhishvili “Spontaneous, One-Pot Assembly of pH-Responsive Polymer Capsules”, submitted.
- Attygalle, F. Jariwala, J. Hibbs, I. Zhuk, S. Sukhishvili ”Direct Quantitation of Aminoglycosides in Pharmaceutical Preparations by Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry (ESI-MS)”, submitted.
- Chen, A. Pal, J. Gao, Y. Han, S. Sukhishvili, H. Du and S.G. Podkolzin “Identification of Vertical and Horizontal Configurations for BPE Adsorption on Silver Surfaces,” J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 119 , 24475–24488.
- Hizal, I. Zhuk, S. Sukhishvili, H. J. Busscher, H. C. van der Mei, C.-H. Choi “Impact of 3D Hierarchical Nanostructures on the Antibacterial Efficacy of a Bacteria-Triggered Self-Defensive Antibiotic Coating”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7, 20304–20313.
- Selin, J.F. Ankner and S.A. Sukhishvili “Diffusional Response of Layer-by-Layer Assembled Polyelectrolyte Chains to Salt Annealing”, Macromolecules 2015, 48, 3983–3990.
- Zhuk, V. Selin, I. Zhuk, B. Belov, J.F. Ankner and S.A. Sukhishvili “Chain Conformation and Dynamics in Spin-Assisted Weak Polyelectrolyte Multilayers,” Langmuir 2015, 31, 3889–3896.
- Lu, Y. Wu, J. Liang, M. R. Libera “Self-defensive antibacterial layer-by-layer hydrogel coatings with pH-triggered hydrophobicity,” Biomaterials 2015, 45, 64-71.
- Zhuk, F. Jariwala, A.B. Attygalle, Y. Wu, M. Libera and S.A. Sukhishvili “Self-Defensive Layer-by-Layer Films with Bacteria-Triggered Antibiotic Release,” ACS Nano 2014, 8, 7733–7745 (featured in the “Editor’s Choice” section of Science magazine, “Layers of ways to control drug release”, Volume 345, Number 6201, Issue of 5 September 2014, p. 1133).
- Pavlukhina, I. Zhuk, A. Mentbayeva, E. Rautenberg, W. Chang, X. Yu, H.J. Busscher, H.C. van der Mei and S.A. Sukhishvili “Small-Molecule-Hosting Nanocomposite Films with Multiple Bacteria-Triggered Responses”, Nature Publishing Group Asia Materials 2014, 6, e121; doi:10.1038/am.2014.63.
- Lu, M. Sarshar, K. Du, T. Chou, Ch.-H. Choi, S.A. Sukhishvili "Large-Amplitude, Reversible, pH-Triggered Wetting Transitions Enabled by Layer-by-Layer Films", ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2013, 5, 12617–12623.