- Ph.D. 1997, Mechanical Engineering, University of Delaware
- M.S. 1987, Materials Science, Northwestern University
- B.S. 1979, Mechanical Engineering, Washington University
Hybrid multifunctional composite materials and nastic composites in passive and active applications; Nastic Materials for Active, Shape Changing Composites; Experimental methods in material characterization; Solid and fluid mechanics aspects of processing methods; Biomedical applications of materials, biological composite
2006 - Present
- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University
2000 - 2006
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University
1999 - 2000
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science, University of Southern California
1997 - 1999
- M. C. Gill Postdoctoral Fellowship, Center for Composite Materials, Department of Materials Science, University of Southern California
1995 - 1997
- Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering, University of Delaware
1990 - 1995
- Dupont Fellowship, Army Research Office Fellowship, Mechanical Engineering, University of Delaware
1987 - 1990
- Engineering Specialist Senior, Lockheed Martin
1985 - 1987
- Research Assistant, Department of Materials Science, Northwestern University
1979 - 1985
- Senior Engineer, Lockheed Martin
1978 - 1979
- Department Tutor for Minority and Foreign Students, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis
- Sutter T. M., Dickerson M. B., Creasy T.S., and Justice R. S., "Rubber muscle actuation with pressurized CO2 from enzyme-catalyzed urea hydrolysis," Smart Materials and Structures, 22 (9) (8pp) doi:10.1088/0964-1726/22/9/094022
- *Ju, J., R. J. Morgan, E. E. Shin, and T. S. Creasy, “Transverse Cracking of M40J/PMRII- 50 Composites under Thermal-Mechanical Loading; Part II – Experiment and Analytical Investigation,” Journal of Composite Materials, 41(9): 1067 - 1086.
- *Ju, J., R. J. Morgan, E. E. Shin, and T. S. Creasy, “Damage Characterization in
M40J/PMR-II-50 under Thermal Cycling Combined with Mechanical Loading; Part I
- Investigation of Main and Interaction Effects Using Statistical Design of
Experiments,” Journal of Composite Materials, 41 (8): 1009-1031.
- *McCutcheon, D. M., J. N. Reddy, M. J. O’Brien, T. S. Creasy, and G. F. Hawkins.
Damping Composites Materials by Machine Augmentation. Journal of Sound and
Vibration. 294 (4-5): 828-840.
- *S. Suryanarayan and T. S. Creasy, Analysis of interface granularity in discontinuous fiber composites. Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology. 19 (13-14): 1175-1188
- Creasy, T. S. and *Y. S. Kang, Fiber Fracture during Equal Channel Angular Extrusion of Short Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics. Journal of Materials Processing
Technology. 160 (1): 90-98
- *Weon, J. I., T. S. Creasy, H. J. Sue, and A. J. Hsieh, Mechanical Behavior of
Polymethylmethacrylate with Molecules Oriented via Extreme Simple Shear.
Polymer Engineering and Science. 45 (3): 314-324
- *Kim, J. and T. S. Creasy, Measurement of Sintering Characteristics of Clay-Reinforced Polyamide 6 Nanocomposite. Polymer Testing 23 (6): 629-636
- Creasy, T. S. and *Y. S. Kang, Fiber Orientation during Equal Channel Angular
Extrusion of Short Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastics. Journal of Thermoplastic
Composites 17 (3): 205-227
- Creasy, T. S., Modeling Analysis of Tensile Tests of Bundled Filaments with a Bimodal Weibull Survival Function. Journal of Composite Materials 36 (2):183-194.