- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2010
- M.S. Physical Chemistry, Zhejiang University, 2005
- B.S. Chemistry, Zhejiang University, 2003
- Process safety and fire protection engineering
- Fire, explosion and toxic release
- Flame retardant and flammability
- Corrosion and pipeline systems
Awards & Honors
- Inaugural Holder of the Dale F. Janes Endowed Professorship, OSU, 2015-2018
- Halliburton Outstanding Young Faculty Award, OSU, 2015
- Big 12 Faculty Fellow, 2012
- Lamiya Zahin Safety Scholarship, Texas A&M University, 2008
- F. Li, W. Wang, B. Wang, Q. Wang, “Vulnerability assessment of urban buried gas pipeline network based on support vector machine”, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 2019, 122, 23-32.
- R. Shen, Q. Liu, H. Park, Q. Wang, “A new method to calculate adiabatic surface temperature using plate thermometer in an ambient condition”, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2019, 149, 306-311.
- X. Zheng, K. Xu, Y. Wang, R. Shen, Q. Wang, “Study of hydrogen explosion control measures by using l-phenylalanine for aluminum wet dust removal systems”, RSC Advances, 2018, 8, 41308-41316.
- K. Xu, Y. Wang, R. Shen, Q. Wang, “Inhibition of hydrogen production reactions in the wet dust removal system using CeCl3 solutions”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2018, 43(31), 14859-14865.
- B. Wang, H. Park, K. Xu, Q. Wang, “Prediction of lower flammability limits of blended gases based on quantitative structure-property relationship”, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2018, 132(2), 1125-1130.
- J. Chen, J. Wang, B. Wang, Q. Wang, “An experimental study of visibility effects on evacuation speed on stairs”, Fire Safety Journal, 2018, 96, 189-202.
- B. Wang, L. Zhou, K. Xu, Q. Wang, “Prediction of minimum ignition energy from molecular structure using quantitative structure-property relationship (QSPR) models”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2017, 56(1), 47-51.
- P. Joshi, P. Bikini, Q. Wang, “Consequence analysis of accidental release of supercritical carbon dioxide from high pressure pipelines”, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 2016, 55, 166-176.