- Postdoc 1989-90, Organometallic Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D. 1989, Inorganic Chemistry, Technical University of Munich
- B.S., Chemistry, Technical University of Munich
Immobilized catalysts, the surface chemistry of oxide materials, and solid-state NMR spectroscopy.
- 2007 – Present Professor, Texas A&M University
- 1998 – 2007 Associate Professor, University of Heidelberg
- 1996 – 1998 Privatdozentin (no US equivalent), Technical University of Munich
- 1991 – 1996 Assistant Professor (Habilitandin), Technical University of Munich
- "Structure and Dynamics of Secondary nd Tertiary Alkylphosphine Oxides Adsorbed on Silica", S. Kharel, K. J. Cluff, N. Bhuvanesh, J. A. Gladysz, J. Blümel, Chem. Asian J. 2019, 14, 2704-2711. https://doi.org/10.1002/asia.201900632.
- "Di(hydroperoxy)cycloalkanes Stabilized via Hydrogen Bonding by Phosphine Oxides: Safe and Efficient Baeyer-Villiger Oxidants", S. H. Ahn, D. Lindhardt, N. Bhuvanesh, J. Blümel, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2018, 6, 6829-6840. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.8b00652.
- J. H. Baker, N. Bhuvanesh, J. Blümel, "Tetraphosphines with Tetra(biphenyl)silane and -Stannane Cores as Rigid Scaffold Linkers for Immobilized Catalysts", J. Organomet. Chem. 2017, 847, 193-203. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jorganchem.2017.03.034.
- "Di(hydroperoxy)alkane Adducts of Phosphine Oxides: Safe, Solid, Stoichiometric, and Soluble Oxidizing Agents", S. H. Ahn, et al., Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 16998-17009. This paper was declared as "hot paper" and the outside cover page and an author profile were awarded. Article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/chem.201703676/epdf. Author profile: Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 16919, https://doi.org/10.1002/chem.201704703.
- "Adsorption of Metallocenes on Silica", K. J. Cluff, J. Blümel, Chem. Eur. J. 2016, 22, 16562-16575. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/chem.201603700/epdf.
- "Adsorption of Ferrocene on Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene, and Activated Carbon", K. J. Cluff, J. Blümel, Organometallics 2016, 35, 3939-3948.
- "Hydrogen Peroxide and Di(hydroperoxy)propane Adducts of Phosphine Oxides as Stoichiometric and Soluble Oxidizing Agents", S. H. Ahn, K. J. Cluff, N. Bhuvanesh, J. Blümel, Angew. Chem. 2015, 127, 13539-13543, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 13341,13345. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.201505291/epdf
- "High-Temperature Steam-Treatment of PBI, PEEK, and PEKK Polymers with H2O and D2O: A Solid-State NMR Study", J. C. Pope, H.-J. Sue, T. Bremner, J. Blümel, Polymer 2014, 55, 4577-4585. http://ac.els-cdn.com/S0032386114006326/1-s2.0-S0032386114006326-main.pdf?_tid=b3cfcc26- 6a1a-11e5-bd7f 00000aacb362&acdnat=1443910042_ce489f4483fc15a5c7ed5 492a31b515
- "Monometallic Ni(0) and Heterobimetallic Ni(0)/Au(I) Complexes of Tripodal Phosphine Ligands: Characterization in Solution and in the Solid State and Catalysis", K. J. Cluff, N. Bhuvanesh, J. Blümel, Chem. Eur. J. 2015, 21, 10138 10148. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/chem.201500187/epdf
- "The Pd Component of an Immobilized Sonogashira Catalyst System: New Insights by Multinuclear
HRMAS NMR Spectroscopy", J. C. Pope, T. Posset, N. Bhuvanesh, J. Blümel, Organometallics 2014,
33, 6750-6753. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/om501162q.
- "Adsorption of Ruthenium and Iron Metallocenes on Silica: A Solid State NMR Study", K. J. Cluff, N. Bhuvanesh, J. Blümel, Organometallics 2014, 33, 2671-2680, and cover page. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/om500254w.