- 1991 Ph. D. Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University.
- 1986 M. Eng. Manufacturing Engineering, Northwestern University.
- 1985 M. S. Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Syracuse University.
- 1983 B. S. Industrial Engineering, Tunghai University, Taiwan.
- Manufacturing science and engineering with focus in the area of material deformation processes
- Mechanical design
- Material processing technology
- 2001 – Present Department of Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution, Texas A&M University
- 2003 – Present Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University
- 2008 – 2009 Visiting Professor, Institute for Manufacturing, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
- 2004 Visiting Scholar and Adjunct Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Universidad De Las Americas Puebla, Mexico
- 1999 Part-Time Faculty, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh
- 1991 Teaching Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Northwestern University
- 1987 – 1991 Research Assistant, Steel Resource Center, Northwestern University
- 1988 – 1989 Instructor, National High School Institute, Northwestern University
- Zhang*, Y., Mamadapur*, M. and Wang, J., “Constitutive Modeling for Fused Deposition Modeling of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) under Elastic Response,” International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing, 2015(5): 76-94.
- Purohit*, Z., Zhang*, Y. and Wang, J., “On Surface Damage of Polymer Coated Sheet Metals during Forming,” Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 2015 (20): 389-396. (also appear in MSEC/NAMRC/ICM&P Conference, June 2014, Detroit, MI)
- Ngaile, G., Wang, J. and Gau, J.-T., “Challenges in Teaching Modern Manufacturing Technologies,” European Journal of Engineering Education, Volume 40, Issue 4, July 2015, pages 432-449.
- Johnson, M. and Wang, J., “A Method for Assessing Required Course-Related Skills and Prerequisite Structure,” European Journal of Engineering Education, Volume 40, Issue 3, May 2015, pages 297- 308. (also appeared in Proceedings ASEE Annual Conference, June 10-13, 2012, San Antonio, Texas).
- Wang, J., Zhu*, H., Sudhakar, K.V., and Price, A., "Influence of equal-channel angular extrusion on impact toughness of aluminum and brass at room and low temperatures", International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, October 2014, 9:19.
- Wang, J. and Yang*, C.-K., “Failure Analysis of Hydroforming of Sandwich Panels,” 15 (2013) 256- 262, Journal of Manufacturing Processes. (also appeared in the Proceedings. of NAMRC 40).
- Huang*, Y.-H. and Wang, J., “Prediction of Coating Adhesion Loss due to Stretching,” 40 (2013) 49- 55, International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives.
- Zhang*, L. and Wang., J., “Modeling the Localized Necking in Anisotropic Sheet Metals,” 39 (2012) 103-118, International Journal of Plasticity.
- Liu*, L., Wang, J., Yang*, W., and Chen, S.-Y. J., “In vivo stress analysis of a pacing lead from an angiographic sequence,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, April 2011, Volume 133, Issue 4, 041004.
- Sudhakar, K. V. and Wang, J., “Fatigue behavior of Vitallium-2000 alloy for orthopedic applications,” ASM Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, DOI: 10.1007/ s11665-010-9716-z, July 2010.
- Wang, J. and Tiwari*, S., “A Low-Cost Instrument for Precision Non-Contact Thickness Measurement” Journal of Engineering Technology, spring 2010, pp. 28-34.