- Ph.D. 1987, Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
Develop new technologies to fabricate, measure, and characterize micro components/systems; utilize robust engineering materials such as superalloys, nanocomposites, polymers, metal matrix composites; enhance design freedom by having the capability of mass producing three-dimensional microcomponents.
- 2003 – Present Associate Professor, Faculty Fellow, Director. Department of Engineering Technology & Industrial Distribution with joint appointment with Department of Mechanical Engineering. Texas A&M University
- 2002 – 2003 Senior Lecturer, San Diego State University
- 1991 – 2001 Associate Professor, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore
- 1988 – 1991 R&D Project Manager, Hewlett Packard in Singapore
- 1979 – 1987 Engineer, Hewlett Packard in Santa Rosa, California
- Ali, M.Y. and Hung, W.N.P., “Micromachining,” Comprehensive Materials Finishing, Elsevier, Vol. 1, Chapter 11.1, 2017, pp. 322-343.
- Wang Z.*, Kovvuria V.*, Araujo A., Bacci M., Hung N.P., and Bukkapatnam S.T.S., “Built-up edge Effects on Surface Deterioration in Micromilling Processes,” Journal of Manufacturing Processes, Vol. 24, 2016, pp. 321–327.
Hung N.P, Brock* D., Xiao* H., Lomeli P., and Granda E., “Micromachining and Electrochemical Nanopolishing of Titanium Microchannels,” Journal of Manufacturing and
Design Science, 2015, 2(1), pp.1-10.
Berestovskyi* D., Hung N.P., and Lomeli P. “Surface Finish of Ball-End Milled Microchannels,” Journal of Micro- and Nano-Manufacturing, Vol.2, pp. 0411005.1-10, 2014.
Hung N.P., "Micromachining," Chapter, Machinery's Handbook, 29th edition, Industrial Press, New York, pp. 1092-1131, 2012.
Kajaria S., Chittipolu S., Adera S., and Hung N.P., "Micromilling in Minimum Quantity Lubrication," submitted to Machining Science and Technology, May 2010.
Other Significant Publications
Zhujian Feng Z.*, Granda E., and Hung W.N.P., “Experimental Investigation of Vibration- Assisted Pulsed Electrochemical Machining,” Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 5, 2016, pp. 798–814.
W. Hung, D. Brock*, H. Xiao*, P. Lomeli, and E. Granda, “Micromachining and Electrochemical Nanopolishing of Titanium Microchannels,” Manufacturing and Design
Science, 2015, 2(1), pp.1-10.
Cheng C.*, Wang Z.*, Hung W.N.P., Bukkapatnam S.T.S., and Komanduri R., “Ultra- Precision Machining Process Dynamics and Surface Quality Monitoring,” Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 1, 2015, pp. 607-618.
Mohanty S.*, Wells S.*, and Hung N.P, "Microdrilling of Biocompatible Materials," IMECE2012-87523, proceedings, ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering
Congress & Exposition, Houston, Texas, November 2012.
- Velamati M.*, Aguilar E.*, Garza-Castañon M.A., Hung N.P., and Powers M., "Laser and Resistance Joining of Aluminum-Graphite Composite," Journal of Materials Processing Technology, pp. 2549-2557, No. 212, 2012.